Carlin & Associates, CPA’s is seeking a Tax Preparer to join our small, yet well-established
CPA firm, located in San Rafael, with over 30 years’ experience, providing accounting, tax &
consulting services to an array of clientele including high-net worth individuals and businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area. You will work closely with our team to maintain client relationships and provide excellent client services while preparing individual, corporate, trust and estate returns. Employees of Carlin & Associates work in-office Monday – Thursday and work from home on Friday’s.
– Informing clients or employers on the tax preparation process
– Collecting relevant financial records
– Inputting data from financial records into tax return software
– Completing and filing tax documents with appropriate agencies as required
– Acting as a representative for client with applicable agencies as required
– Building customer relationships to promote and expand the business
– Working closely with the tax and Financial Oversight teams
– 2 years previous experience in tax preparation
– Active Enrolled Agent or CPA license preferred
– Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
– Previous experience in public accounting firm is a bonus
– Strong organizational, communication and customer service skills required for managing
multiple client engagements
– Can work independently
– Familiarity with CCH Axcess tax software is beneficial
– Proficient in Excel, Word and QuickBooks
– Ability to meet deadlines while multitasking
– Estimated billable hours per year is 1400, with the bulk occurring between February –
April and August 15 – October 15.
Carlin & Associates provides health insurance, paid vacation and the opportunity to participate in the firm’s 401(k) plan with matching. We promote a healthy work environment and maintain a
positive work/life balance. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should apply with resume, references and cover letter by emailing information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race,
religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status or medical history.